New firmware rolling out - release notes "Removal of "Consume mode"

In the latest firmware now rolling out it states “Consume Mode is being removed”.

Can you comment on this as I know several customers and I admit myself as well that always leave this toggle on. Does this really mean the intent is to remove the ability to have a song leave the queue after it is played?

If so I would certainly recommending not doing this. I suspect this is like chocolate or vanilla ice cream where one set of users like things remaining and one set like things clearing out. Neither is a wrong choice.

1 Like

Hello @RickSmith,

I’d like to extend my sincerest appreciation for your interest in our updates and your active engagement with our products.
I understand that the recent firmware release note for models N150, N100, X100, N200, N100C, N100SC, N20, N30, and N10 has caused some confusion due to the statement about the “Consume Mode is being removed”. (For models released later, the phrase was not added.) I’d like to apologize for any confusion that may have arisen.

To clarify, despite this statement, we’ve ensured that the ‘Consume mode’ continues to be accessible in the latest version of our Conductor app, available on Android, iPhone, and iPad. This decision was largely influenced by feedback received during our beta testing, which demonstrated that many users, including yourself, still actively use and value the Consume mode.

I want to emphasize that if we had removed this feature from the latest Conductor app, it would have resulted in the ‘Consume mode’ flag being removed in SYSO. However, we consciously chose not to include this change.

In light of this, I’ve taken steps to remove the statement “Consume Mode is being removed” from the public release notes to avoid further confusion.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion, and I thank you for your continued support and understanding. We greatly value your feedback and hope to continue delivering a product that aligns with your needs.

1 Like